Old 16-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Stephen M. Henning

Default HELP I killed my grass with weed-n-feed!!!!

(MIchelle) wrote:

I ran out to Kmart and bought a 50lb bag of weed n feed. I
stupidly didn't read the instructions figuring I couldn't do much hard
because it was a "feed". Well, I was definitely wrong. I "spread" it
with a cup and dumped a whole cup on areas of large weeds. Well,
needless to say, and much to my horror, have many large patches of
brown dead grass!!! It just looks horrible!

Always read the label.

With fertilizer, it is usually best to apply at 1/2 of the recommended
rate. The recommended rate is designed to give good results and sell
more fertilizer.

With herbicides, you must be careful to read the label to see how
weather affects the performance. Usually dry herbicides like
weed-n-feed need to be applied to moist plants when no rain is expected
for 24 to 48 hours. That is a little hard to come by. Usually a
selective liquid weed killer based on 2-4-d selectively applied to the
weeds is preferable. Then you can get an inexpensive fertilizer and
apply at 1/2 of the recommended rate.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

http://www.users.fast.net/~shenning/rhody.html