Old 17-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Bob A

Default pH too high (CO2 too low)

First I'll say that SAE's rock! Not only is my tank free of the black algae
(to the dismay of my "all-natural" brother, hehe) but they are, to me, great
fun to watch.

My DIY CO2 has been doing great for the past several weeks, until the past
couple of days. I inject into the intake of my emporer 400 power filter,
and it has been working just fine. Thing is, the co2 seems to be going into
the tank at a nice rate, I can hear it hitting the impeller.

However, I'm normally KH 4 and pH around 6.6. Past couple of days pH is up
to a steady 7.1.

My guess is that, plants are really growing, and I haven't pruned/culled in
a while. It hasn't been *that* long, but the tank is pretty full of plants.
I haven't added ferts for about 5 days until I put in a little this morning.
Is the plant load sucking up the co2?

Any other ideas? This is a 55g tank.

thanks much,

bob