Old 17-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Phisherman

Default HELP I killed my grass with weed-n-feed!!!!

On Sat, 17 May 2003 09:57:45 -0400, Ann wrote:

Tom Jaszewski expounded:

Why then buy a product, which by your description, is mislabeled?

Why twist the description into mislabeling? He's right, they're
trying to sell fertilizer, and advise putting on too heavy a coat.

I agree with Ann. It is better to apply at half the rate, wait a
month and apply again. Fertilizers tend to give the lawn a big huge
meal at once, them there's very little food left after 6 weeks. The
time-release fertilizers help smooth out this effect, but two small
applications is still better. The lawn weed killers really punish
the healthy grass and really should be used in rare cases. I spot
kill the few weeds I get with very good results, although I have a
thick lawn that chokes out most of the weeds anyway.