Old 17-05-2003, 06:20 PM
PlainBill

Default OT. Friday Funny. Moral of the Story/Also OT for the women

Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 09:23:52 -0400

Whenever someone starts reminiscing about the 'good old days', I
remember some of both sides.

In the 50's, a father's word was law. The child who violated his
father's (or mother's, or teacher's) orders could expect a quick trip
to the woodshed. My older brother lost a close friend because
Charlie's Dad believed the Salk vaccine was nonsense. Charly died
about 2 years later of Polio.

In the 50's, you could call a person of African ancestry a negro,
or a colored person without offending anyone. In the same decade, a
black man was lynched in Broward County, Florida. The sheriff
organized the lynching. The crime - urinating in public.

Doctors made house calls - but kidney failure meant death.

The list goes on, but it has very little to do with ponds....

PlainBill

On Sat, 17 May 2003 07:19:56 -0600, John Rutz
wrote:

BenignVanilla wrote:
"jammer" j@mmer wrote in message

The lack of these practices in modern time is further proof of the collapse
of our soceity.

BV.

P.S. If you don't know I am joking...

at the risk of offending

-- Not the article you quoted but some of the practices they had back
then realy should be reinstated ----- I remember that there were lots
of LITLE things I would not do stay out late, go somewhere without
tellimg parent, mess up in schoool or in public etc for fear of the
"parental wrath" I got from the school or and my parents if I did them
which actualy didnt hurt me mentaly or physicaly for more than a few
minutes

Now that that sort of punishment is against the law and kids dont get
punished for those little things well just read the news and see what
they are up too and it seems getting away with

off my soapbox now

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com