Old 18-05-2003, 05:44 AM
Daniel Hanna

Default Double Delight

In torgo wrote:
I've seen some big differences between pictures of DD. At first, mine
tends to be white (not yellowed) in the center with a small red ring
around the outside. As it ages, the red spreads toward the center,
bleeding into the white.

You can freeze the spread by picking the blooms. I think DD is better
as a cut bloom (and to answer Susan, it lasts very well when the bush is
established). I have one bush in my 'picking' garden but none in the
display bed.

My average cut bloom is white white a lovely pink-red fringe to the
outer petals. And the scent is so strong, it still manages to surprise
me each time I smell it.