Old 18-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Martin Nystrup Rasmussen

Default Ficus microcarpa

Hello,

I just bought an Indian Dwarf Fig Tree, Ficus microcarpa - roughly one feet
high. I was wondering...: Is this a succulent plant? How should I take care
of it? Does the plant do well at a window facing south (should I expose it
to direct (summer-)sunlight)? How often should I water it - especially
during the summer? Should I remove the metal string, pressing the stems or
roots together just below the foliage? I've clearly bought a bonsai plant -
but actually I hadn't planned to grow bonsais (I just liked the looks of the
plant). ;-D

And btw, pardon my english - I'm danish.

Best regards,

- Martin