Old 18-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Frank Logullo

Default Why does my lawn look like crap???

"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...
Despite all the hard work I spend on my lawn, this spring it looks
like CRAP! We've had an unusally wet winter, and all my neighbors'
lawns look lush and green. But mine looks all yellow and just plain
crappy. (See a photo of this disaster at
http://www.inhouzemusic.com/q/lawn.html)

Where am I going wrong? My back yard, which I redid two seasons ago,
is lush and green and beautiful. My front yard, which I hope to redo
someday soon, is just plain ugly. Despite fertilizing and regular
mowing, it's pretty sad. Even areas where I put in new sod look
yellowish and pathetic. Could it be lack of aeration? Bad soil? How
can I make it lush and green, short of tearing it out and starting
over? HELP!

Offhand, I would say the presence of large trees is the problem.
Frank