Old 18-05-2003, 05:56 PM
JNJ

Default HELP I killed my grass with weed-n-feed!!!!

It will not wash through, but out and over and down into our storm drains,
which
is what is causing a major problem with hydrilla in our creeks.

(http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/watershed/hydrilla.htm)

That's certainly unpleasant. Although I see the obvious issue, this is just
one contributing factor to the hydrilla problem (which actually affects much
of the US). This plant is a nasty little bugger.

Unfortunately, in this user's case what is done is done. There are only two
real solutions to her issue -- either it washes through/out of her property
or she digs up and replaces the soil. I doubt she's going to be willing to
excavate her property and it's probably not realistic as this is the rainy
season still in much of the US and she won't get a crew there in time.
Hopefully, we can continue to tout the benefits of organic & naturalist
approaches while convincing her to avoid the use of chemicals.

James