Old 26-01-2003, 05:41 PM
J Kolenovsky

Default Re-Grading a Back Yard

You most likely need an landscape architect. They can be obtained on a
per job basis or by the hour. Check your yellow pages and then check
their references.

Billy wrote:
=

The house we are bought has a 100' x 100' back yard. The front portion =

is
one grade, the rear portion, 2' to 3' higher. A retaining wall with ste=

ps
separates the grade. The land has a slight negative pitch toward the ho=

use
as the terrain is not level. According to the home inspector, this is a=

bad
thing because water penetration is more likely.
=

We intend on removing several trees that exist on the higher grade and
leveling it to that of the lower grade. The knowledge that I'm seeking =

is
how to level the two grades and create a positive pitch away from the h=

ouse
when the slope comes towards the home.
=

Has anyone done this type of work. Can you recommend any web sites that=

would be helpful in understanding the process and the costs involved?

-- =

J Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.celestialhabitats.com
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/reference.html