Old 07-02-2003, 12:14 PM
LeighMo

Default Phos-zorb removes all phosphate fast!!

While it will keep your PO4 at 0, this stuff will not help with algae
problems. You will most likely just get a different type of algae than you
had at 5.0 ppm PO4. The way to get rid of algae is to use enough CO2 and as
much of the other nutrients as your plants need, including PO4. A level of
0.5-1.0 ppm is generally recommended. I keep mine at even higher than that.

The water out of my tap has 40 ppm of orthophosphate. The water company adds
it to reduce pipe corrosion. It's never caused me any problem, in planted
tanks or unplanted.

Leigh