Old 13-02-2003, 10:51 PM

Default what's a good iron level to maintain?

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message . ca...
Generally, with good C02, what's a good iron level to maintain? .35-4ppm??
(2wpg, 33ppm C02, 15gal wide, standard riverbed substrate, 25% weekly water
changes). I wish to find this out since I've heard recently that one must
fertilize micronutrients more than just once after water changes with a
higher lighted C02 system.

btw, I'm going with 100% flourite in a few weeks...I guess this will change
how much I supplement micronutrients since the flourite is rich in iron??

Thanx!!
Dave.

D-
There is no maintaining of a specific level. The level would not tell
you much nor be of much use to you. I am not goiung into the why of Fe
testing and what it means etc. It's a long story and something folks
don't need to deal with. You can get mighty close by using a tank
volume and dosing every week 2-3x of a known volume of a know trace
mix like TMG or Flourish etc. This involves no testing. The Fe Test
itself is a big problem.

For your tank: add 4mls of Flourish TMG/Sera etc 2x a week.
If you had 3-4w/gal light maybe 3x a week.

That's more than enough traces for the tank.
Regards,
Tom Barr