Old 14-02-2003, 12:18 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default what's a good iron level to maintain?

Is Tropica Master Grow just micronutrients? Or does it have phosphourus and
nitrogen as well?

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message
a...
I've looked into Seachem Flourish products. I see Flourish, Flourish

Excel,
Flourish Trace etc...besides the obvious Flourish Iron, Potassium,
Phosphorus and Nitrogen, which one am I supposed to use?

Thanx.
Dave.

" wrote in message
om...
"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message

. ca...
Generally, with good C02, what's a good iron level to maintain?

.35-4ppm??
(2wpg, 33ppm C02, 15gal wide, standard riverbed substrate, 25% weekly

water
changes). I wish to find this out since I've heard recently that one

must
fertilize micronutrients more than just once after water changes with

higher lighted C02 system.

btw, I'm going with 100% flourite in a few weeks...I guess this will

change
how much I supplement micronutrients since the flourite is rich in

iron??

Thanx!!
Dave.

D-
There is no maintaining of a specific level. The level would not tell
you much nor be of much use to you. I am not goiung into the why of Fe
testing and what it means etc. It's a long story and something folks
don't need to deal with. You can get mighty close by using a tank
volume and dosing every week 2-3x of a known volume of a know trace
mix like TMG or Flourish etc. This involves no testing. The Fe Test
itself is a big problem.

For your tank: add 4mls of Flourish TMG/Sera etc 2x a week.
If you had 3-4w/gal light maybe 3x a week.

That's more than enough traces for the tank.
Regards,
Tom Barr