Old 15-02-2003, 08:59 PM

Default when to fertilize? After water change?

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message . ca...
Wow...sounds pretty involved.

You add 4 things with teaspoon measurements 2x-3x a week. I see
nothing complicated there. If you made cookies from scratch it would
be more complicated.

But I guess after I get a routine down it
shouldn't be too bad. Do you premix all this stuff and then just add it from
packets or baggies? Can I get all this stuff from a garden/nursery store?
Thanx.

I buy bags from a nursery(Stump remover-KNO3 and potash of
sulfur-K2SO4) or on line etc. KH2PO4 you'll likely need to get on line
at www.litemanu.com, potassium monobasic phosphate.
You can buy it all from litemanu.com also.

Traces like Flourish, Tropica Master Grow- TMG, you get from from the
LFS or on line etc. You can also make your own traces from dry powder,
CMS Plantex brands are commonly used and are pretty cheap.

I add the KH2PO4, KNO3 and the K2SO4 dry right into the tank like I
have for years. Traces are liquid so I add those in milliliters.

For a 20 gallon tanks I add 2-3x a week:
1/4 teaspoon KKNO3
2rice grain's worth of KH2PO4
5mls of Flourish
and once a week after the water change
1/4 teaspoon K2SO4

That is as simple as you are going to get.
Do 50% weekly water changes and keep the CO2 in the 20-30ppm range.

That's it.
Regards,
Tom Barr