Old 19-02-2003, 12:18 PM
Tasslehoff

Default Amazon sword?

"linda mar" wrote in message
When trimming swords, sometimes I can't quite get to the base of the stem,
and end up leaving about 1" or so of the stub left, which eventually start
looking "rotting"

should I worry about this, and try to go back in and trim it closer to

base
(I physically have trouble reaching it since the tank is too deep and

either
I can't quite see what I'm cutting, or can't reach it)? or leave it as-is?

the sword plant is about 18" in height right now (very tall). tank is

about
22" deep..

linda

If the plant is bigger and greener than when you first got it I probably
wouldn't worry too much about getting the whole stub although mine seemed
woody and almost garden fern like when I snipped the browning leaf. Could
this damage fishes slime coat/scales?

"LeighMo" wrote in message
I've had my small compact(when I bought it) sword for 6 months now and

it's
doubled in size and number of leaves but one of the older leaves has
died(completely brown). Should I trim this leaf and future dead ones

near
the base or let it rot and fall off on its own.

Trim it. I trim any leaves that start looking unattractive. The plant

will
put out new ones.

Leigh

Thanks Leigh.