Old 27-02-2003, 07:00 AM
Dustin

Default acrylic Tanks?

Hi,

Ive been away, but I will post the totals when I return.

What is Marcs Aquarium? is that the wholesale place? ANy good?

Thanks!

Dustin

"Christopher" wrote in message
ink.net...
PRICE DATE ITEMS
$ 1,372.88 (fish tank, stand, canopy, lights, heater, pumps,
aragonite, buffer, salt, de-chlorinator, bubbler, air stone)
$ 171.99 (gravel, 2 rocks, pH kit)
$ 151.17 (water scrubber, nets, vacuum, acrylic care stuff,
tongs, thermometer, feeding suction cup, magnet wall cleaner)
$ 24.86 (surge protector, extension cord, timer, bucket)
$ 32.00 (15 starter fish and fish food)
$ 80.00 (rocks and suction cups)
$ 66.76 (automatic feeder, extra hopper, silicone)
$ 49.73 (plants)
$ 3.78 (white backing for lights)
$ 35.89 (plant fertilizer and 50lbs of gravel)
$ 16.74 (butterfly pleco and 3 golden algae eaters)
$ 127.66 (2 ballasts, 2 lights, 3 plants, 25 ghost shrimp)
$ 2.71 (2 big spherical shaped rocks)
$ 4.21 (spotted XL puffer)
$ 24.76 (acryllic feeding rod, suction cup for cucumber,
hopper for feeder)
$ 59.21 (petco supplies: two 18" bubbler bars, food, flora
pride)
$ 39.99 (second automatic fish feeder)
$ 47.79 (25 ghost shrimp, 1 red crab, 1 brazilian sword,
spirullina pellets, plankton, 1 year membership to marks aquarium)
$ 220.04 (main fish order off of www.aquariumfish.net)
$ 3.24 (baby cichlid pellets, sold back 14 red eye tetra)
$ 22.26 (2 bamboo shrimp, frozen brine shrimp + spirulina,
frozen emerald vegetable mix)
$ 31.15 (30 ghost shrimp, half portion of blood worms,

ornate
bicarb)
$ 225.73 (lots of fish food, python sink attachment, 8 bags,
4.8kg carbon, florapride, algae scrapper)
$ 23.05 (topaz puffer, 30 ghost shrimp)
$ 29.11 2/7/2003 (crushed coral, plants, 30 ghost shrimp)
$ 5.20 2/14/2003 (30 ghost shrimp)
$ 47.60 2/21/2003 (30 ghost shrimp, anubus, onion rush,

actinic
24")

thats pretty much everything...if you add it up its actually ~$2900
thats since end of october... water is free for my apartment...the only
thing thats not in there is the power bill
I have 2 fluval 404 canister filters, a digital thermometer, 2 automatic
fish feeders, 6x24" (20W) over the tank, 15lbs of argonite, 130-150lbs of
gravel (I forget how much exactly) 80 or so lbs of rocks
ohh I also have TONS of fish food I've purchased in bulk from
www.drsfostersmith.com (when you buy 2.2lbs of hikari stuff its expensive
$30-50)
"Dustin" wrote in message
oh wow , what are your stats?
My 125 has a running total of 1799.03 right now. And ive only had it a
month.

Any Pics?

Dustin

"Christopher" wrote in message
ink.net...
$3k for a custom setup sounds mighty reasonable to me, I'm up to $2700

on
my
125g... (but that includes fish and food and such)

"350X_Rider" wrote in message
Where is the best place to custom order an Acrylic Tank? Guessing
Acrylic
is the best way to go on large tanks 200+gal?

When a friend researched putting a 200+ tank in his house, he had to
contract with a builder, for codes, foundation checking, load

balancing,
structural integrity and other issues...

He found that some/alot of contractors know people who "custom

install"
acrylic tanks per the blue prints from the owners...

You might find one such builder/contractor in your area... They can

build,
install, plumb, run your wires, whatever you need.... but yep, did

cost
him
nearly $3k for a 285gallon tank in his living room... and in his

kitchen
and
in his den... it's a 3 sided tank. it's something like 8feet long,

3feet
tall, 4feet wide