Old 27-02-2003, 04:07 PM
Henry

Default Flourish Excel as carbon source

I am thinking of using Flourish Excel as a carbon source for my planted tank
and have a few questions:

1) Will it cause PH fluctuations (like CO2 injection) ?
2) Other than PH, will it alter my water chemistry ?
3) Are there any issues with it that I should be aware of ?
4) Based on anyone who has tried it, how effective is it ?

I will be using it (if I decide to go ahead with it) in a 30 gal tank with
60 watts of light. As a plant base I have a 50/50 mix of gravel and
Fluorite. I use the other Flourish products to take care of my trace element
needs. I do a bout 25% water changes weekly.

Thanks for any help.