Old 02-03-2003, 07:00 PM
alex crouvier

Default Carbon in filter: Really absorbs liquid fertilizers??

I heard this advice from a guy at LFS. Yes, he is just a guy from a LFS. But
is this true?
I read activated carbon absorbs medication so it is wise to take it out when
you add anti-ich
medication etc.

It's just that it's a pain to remove/ put on carbon in your filter whenever
you drop some
medication in the tank. I did see some pictures in a Japanese aquarist
magazine where
amateur aquarists hang a small bag of carbon over the side of their tanks.
Do this actually work
without water flow (the reason wht we put it in the filter in the first
place)?