Old 31-01-2003, 09:27 PM
harrison

Default Oh But For Spring To Come (long)

I agree totally, LeeAnne. Further, it is an indisputable right of New
Englanders to complain about the weather. The Pilgrims had to take an oath
that they would do so before they were allowed to step on the rock.
Meanwhile isn't this a lovely short heat wave we are having now? 33F seems
positively balmy when I consider that my outdoor thermometer read -3 on
Tuesday. In any case, I know spring is coming--my impatiens have started to
sprout. Eugenia, zone 6, two twons west of Boston
"LeeAnne" wrote in message
Thank you I think we are gripped quite firmly. I wouldn't want to live in

bubble - I love the changes that New England brings . . . don't like the
weather? Just wait a minute.

I love Winter and snow and snowmen, uh, snowpersons, sledding, skiing,

doing
donuts in the car :-) and snowball fights. I love the dead silence you

get
sometimes when the snow absorbs all noise except your feet squeaking on it

..
. . but there is NOTHING like the coming of spring and those first bulbs
sprouting up - you know the ones you planted last year and hope they come
up, which would make the blisters you got worth it. :-)

LeeAnne

"Lhemlock" wrote in message
Get a grip people. If you didn't have a cold period, you wouldn't have

your
native plant species and your native wildlife. On the other hand,

what's
wrong with living in an environmentally controlled bubble?