Old 01-02-2003, 08:38 PM
DJ BLAG

Default Leaf Mulch

I have 35 trees on a little over 1/4 acre. I have a chipper and a mulching
mower.
I have had a compost pile for 9 years now, and basically its just chopped
leaves, grass in season, and any other waste I can put in there, never used
additives. Makes a great mulch.
HOWEVER, I find that laying the fresh chopped leaves out right away makes
for very happy earthworms the following year, so I am doing both for now.
Main problem with leave mulch for me is that my 2 Schnauzers bring in lots
of leaf 'cornflakes'!
Chas

"Kurt" wrote in message
Hello,

I have access to tons (yards) of leaf mulch and would like to know what
additional additives are needed to make it useable for flower and

vegetable
gardens. Also, once the additional properties are added, would the

mixture
be useable right away.

Thanks in advance for your suggestion,

Kurt