Old 07-02-2003, 05:47 AM
Kcristy

Default Eheim Assembly ?

The "Classic" line of filters don't come with that rigid outflow piece. There
is only a small "elbow" piece to curve into the spraybar. My 2217 is the same.
I've just let the tube drape over the tank edge, but I might change my mind
and buy that "Shepherds Crook" eventually. I'm still getting pretty good flow
because the tube isn't kinked too much.

If you go to http://www.eheimparts.com/client/homepage.aspx and click on
"cannister filters" and you can find your model.

You do want to watch how the tubes hang down below the tank... I left the
outflow tube a bit too long and discovered it had kinked near the filter and
almost completely shut down the flow for a couple days.

Cris

In article , "Iain Miller"
writes:

"Nsty N8" wrote in message
Hello there....

I finally broke down and purchased an Eheim (2213) Canister Filter!
The Germans (notice my last name) are geniuses, they really know their
engineering!
However, I'm curious about the spraybar attachment. The section with the

rigid
90d tube is attached to the flexible hosing that drapes over the back of

the
tank. Is there a way to prevent kinking? Is there a 180d rigid piece

available
that hangs on the tank's back (for the outflo)?
Suggestions?

Not following you exactly (!) - I thought all Eheims came with two pieces of
rigid tube - one is a 180 degree bend for the inflow & the other is what's
refered to as a "Shepherds Crook" for the outflow....effects a 90 degree
bend back into the tank

Have a look at http://www.eheimparts.com/pdf/2224.pdf - look at the bottom
left hand corner of the page & you'll see the thing I mean.