Old 19-02-2003, 12:54 AM
linda mar

Default Amazon sword?

When trimming swords, sometimes I can't quite get to the base of the stem,
and end up leaving about 1" or so of the stub left, which eventually start
looking "rotting"

should I worry about this, and try to go back in and trim it closer to base
(I physically have trouble reaching it since the tank is too deep and either
I can't quite see what I'm cutting, or can't reach it)? or leave it as-is?

the sword plant is about 18" in height right now (very tall). tank is about
22" deep..

linda

"LeighMo" wrote in message
I've had my small compact(when I bought it) sword for 6 months now and

it's
doubled in size and number of leaves but one of the older leaves has
died(completely brown). Should I trim this leaf and future dead ones

near
the base or let it rot and fall off on its own.

Trim it. I trim any leaves that start looking unattractive. The plant

will
put out new ones.

Leigh