Old 19-02-2003, 01:25 AM
linda mar

Default Where to buy plants online?

I'm chiming in as everybody else, but Phyl at trueaquariumplants.com is
wonderful. I requested an assortment for my 30+G tank, and she bascially
did the 20-30G tropical assortment as a base, but substituted most of the
bight-light requirement plants for more lower to moderate light requirement
plants, and also tried to tailor the plants that will have a better chance
of surviving using UGF (I can hear a collective groan whenever I mention
this to the plant crowd... hopefully it will work out... if not, I know
what to do next time I need to overhaul a tank...). the price was little
over the normal $35 due to the substitutions, but, boy, I definitely got a
bang for the money... i really couldn't fit in all the plants I got in my
tank!!!

I would never have been able to collect such a gorgeous group of plants that
she chose for me at a local store, as I would be too afraid to try them.
I'm very happy customer!

Linda

"E. Mito" wrote in message
In article , Eric Schreiber
writes:

So, I think PetSolutions is a good source, but that you shouldn't
order from them during a season when the shipper can easily kill your
plants by leaving them on an unheated dock overnight.

I bought my plant order from Phyl at trueaquariumplants.com during a

summer
heatwave, and she enclosed cold packs to keep the plants safe from

overheating.
I would imagine she would use heat packs during very cold seasons in the
winter; she was very conscientious about asking what the weather was like

in
L.A. to make sure she could optimally package the plants.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm