Old 21-02-2003, 12:42 PM
LeighMo

Default Amazon sword?

It's been about 3-4 weeks since I planted them in my tank
(37G with 55W CF. tad on the low side). all my new leaves of the amazons
look somewhat translucent. Is this normal? or is it missing some
nutrients?

It's normal for new leaves to be translucent, but they should darken as they
mature and get bigger.

Amazon swords like to be fed through their roots, so you might want to give
them a Flourish tab and a little piece of Jobe's spike once in awhile.

my tank is very soft (based on city water info), and alkaline (pH~8
according to my LFS.

That's odd. Soft water is usually acid, hard water is usually alkaline.

Leigh