Old 21-05-2003, 01:44 PM
lms

Default Sunsprite hardy? was Repeat Blooming Scented Yellow Rose?

In article ,
says...

In article , lms

.. So it's Granada and Voodoo there now.
Big guys both, pushin 15.

15 what's? Years or feet?

years. they're in the glade, in the glen now, but still trying. Had years of
glory getting here, that's why I'm not so frantic over their decline. There
are places I remember, right? I should probably get another Granada and
plant it in the sun, that one's as good as they get.
Granada's always been the junior, 7-8', Voodoo 9-10'.

I need to plant Granada in da ground ASAP,
and I don't know how big.

Average to big. I don't think it would mind at all if you pruned it, I
just never have. Other than dead wood--it and Voodoo both have always done
the deadwood winter thing. Granada's a Hybrid Tea you can spot from the
foliage alone, those crinkly petals. Floradora's like this, only about 3
times as crinkly. Twisted, basically. It's blooming now, someone near and
dear spotted one of them from 25 feet. Out of the crowd, you see. Gives me
a warm fuzzy growing this rose, which has only one redeeming factor, color.
Although that foliage is right up there. All things considered, it's one of
the luckiest roses on the block.
Doesn't take too much imagination to see Floradora in Tropicana, a few short
hops with that one and you get Baby Chateau x R. Roxburghii. Alpine Glow to
Cinnabar to Baby Chateau x R. Roxburghii. there you go.

At the thought of Granada's leaves, it brings to mind the best Hybrid Tea
foliage of any of em--the first time I saw it I thought it was just me. heheh.
But that'd be Silver Jubilee, the Cocker rose. Magnificent, real dense, very
shiny, deep green. I grew it a number of years ago, grew into a stout unit,
was most puffy-chested about it and then one day one of the canes turned
*brown and the next day three more and just like that it was dead. I've
always planned on getting another. And the flowers are killer, that's the
kicker.