Old 21-05-2003, 02:32 PM
lms

Default Does anyone know the true name of the "Judy Garland" rose?

In article , says...

I love my Judy Garland rose....you can read all about it at this spot.

http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/pl.php?n=3547

I bought mine at our local nursery a month ago, potted...I live in So.
Calif. The potted roses are going fast here and will have to wait until the
fall, I suppose, to get half of the ones I am still searching for....

Check at an Armstrong flower center/nursery if you have one.

I am dying to find a Leonidas....but have checked all around and can't find
one.

Linda

http://www.findmyroses.com/

there are 8 places which list Judy Garland.

As for Leonidas, this was the hottest of hot roses a few years back, the
trouble is, it's a greenhouse variety, and as such will more than likely not
yield the stellar color you've seen on the catalog pages or heard
about from wherever. And its growth habit will likely likewise disappoint you.
I've 'grown' two of them, each checked out on successive winters, and both
were budded by the best in the business. not in the selling business, just
the budding business.
While there is not really a rose colored like Leonidas available, there
are lots of worthy bronzey/apricot/coffee colored roses available, like
Livin Easy, Dr. Brownell, Just Joey, and one to die for, Brandy. Brandy,
it is sometimes said, is planted as an annual some places but I've had one
live for bout ten years. Haven't checked out its vitality so far this season,
that reminds me.