Old 21-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Zizz

Default Hollyhocks

There's not much that can really be done with hollyhock rust ... I planted
my 1st hollyhocks last year and they got so badly infected with the rust
that I ended up having to pull up all but the least infected.
However the ones I decided to keep I cut down to the ground, thinking I'd
probably killed them, resprouted and the bits that showed any sign at all of
rust I clipped off ... so far (fingers crossed) I've one growing without
rust signs!

" Emrys Davies" wrote in message
'geoff',

It's rust for which they are very very prone. I have given up growing
them because of the hassle as I failed to find an answer to it.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"geoff" wrote in message
Urglers,

Please can someone advise on the cause and cure of masses of yellow

spots -
merging into yellow areas - on the leaves of hollyhocks.

Regards

Geoff