Old 25-02-2003, 01:26 AM
WD

Default acrylic Tanks?

"Dustin" wrote in message

In this county, we are not zoned nor do we need contractors

I would rethink that. The need for the contractor has little to do with the
law. The concern is that a 300 gallon tank (for example) will weigh in
excess of 3000 pounds (US). (water weighs over 8 pounds (US) per gallon,
plus filters, substrate, decor) Most frame houses cannot support this kind
of weight. If you put in a tank of that size in your home without consulting
professional advice, you're going to have a disaster. Dead fish, broken
tank, broken house, impromptu swimming pool. I guarantee it. The cost of
repairing the damage will be much more than hiring someone who knows what
they're doing.