Old 22-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Theo van Daele

Default Golden Orfe

I have 9 of them with the Koi, and that works just fine

They grow about as fast as carp in the first years, and get up to about 10 -
12 inches.

They are faster/more agressive than koi when it comes to food, so you have
to adapt your feeding to that (all fish approach, I first throw stuff in the
middle of the pond, the sharks, erm, orfes dive to that food, then I feed
the koi)

They will also do population control on insects BTW, they can jump out of
the water to catch a bumble bee...

One of the weirdest things about them is that they can "fly" over the water
with just their tail in it, attaining serious speeds.

They are also stronger than koi, but at the same time react quicker to
stress situations, so they can serve as an "early warning" system.

Anyway, others may have more negative experiences, but I'm very happy I put
them in 5 years ago.

schreef in bericht
they are very good population control. Ingrid

"Dan" wrote:

Anyone keeping golden orfe's with their Koi? Mine are such voracious

eaters
I'm wondering if my Koi spawns are being eaten by them. How big do they
get?