Old 25-02-2003, 12:21 PM
LeighMo

Default help with java moss

I few months ago I bought a amount of java moss at my local lfs, I got it on
bargin since it was the last one in their tank, it was DARK green and in bad
shape. I have since then trimmed out all the brown dead material and wrapped
around a little gargoyal , I have not seen any new growth from it in a 20
gallon planted tank with 2 watts/gal, CO2 infused, there are no imballances
in
the water so I know its not a problem there. Is there anything I could do to
stimulate the growth so as to see a reason to have it?

Do you fertilize? What other plants are in the tank?

IME, it can be difficult to keep java moss if you have a lot of fast-growers in
the tank with it. It grows too slowly to compete for nutrients against
fast-growing plants.

Leigh