Old 22-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Doug Kanter

Default How to Clean Creosote on Railroad Ties

"James Eick" wrote in message
I just put in a lot of railroad tie steps in my sloped yard. I did this

in
the winter (California) and now the sun is out and all the railroad ties

are
oozing creosote. I tried cleaning with gasoline but the creosote just

came
back and clean up was a mess. Does anyone have any ideas on how to clean
them or possibly put some other material over them so I can use the steps?

Buy a box of donuts. Put them on your counter for one week. Then, bring them
to the numbskull who suggested railroad ties, and took your money. Tell him
"thanks, a-hole".