Old 22-05-2003, 10:20 PM

Default Sapsucker attacking my silver burch

your birch got borers. get a couple cans of systemic and wipe out the borers and the
sapsuckers will stop going after it. we had an oooold apple tree drilled with lots
of holes. I took a wire brush to the bark, then painted it and that stopped the
drilling. until then you can try some tanglefoot on the trunks. Ingrid

Mike wrote:

I have a persistence sapsucker that hits my two silver burches. One of
them is suffering (leaves are 1/2 the size of the other), and wounds
are leaking sap. I've tried covering the trunk (damage) in foam wrap,
but the bird just goes to a different place.

Does anyone have a remedy to stop this persistent sapsucker from
coming back. I can get within 5-feet of him, before he flies off.

I'm located in WA.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com