Old 23-05-2003, 06:32 AM
lms

Default Sunsprite hardy? was Repeat Blooming Scented Yellow Rose?

In article ,
says...

lms wrote:
says...
wrote:

Hey, better mung you addy. Some Asian porn site harvested my email addy
and now I'm spewing spam all over the internet for anyone who wants to
grow a bigger penis. (Mine's big enough already.) The annoyance is the
bounced messages come to me, hundreds a day.

I only get about 25.

Average to big. I don't think it would mind at all if you pruned it, I just
never have. Other than dead wood--it and Voodoo both have always done the
deadwood winter thing. Granada's a Hybrid Tea you can spot from the foliage
alone, those crinkly petals.

I thought it was trying to mildew. Whew. Glad to know it's that way.
Already in its second flush. I'm sitting here looking at a vase of 6
blooms. My family is ectastic I finally grow a rose that looks like
something they can buy at Safeway

hahahaha

(except it has scent).

Granada was definitely my first fave rose. I suppose I take it for granted too
much, I'm jaded into looking for a bloom that beats all before it. It's a
tough job for any rose, but getting *real tough for this particular unit.

At the thought of Granada's leaves, it brings to mind the best Hybrid Tea
foliage of any of em--the first time I saw it I thought it was just me.
heheh. But that'd be Silver Jubilee, the Cocker rose. Magnificent, real
dense, very shiny, deep green. I grew it a number of years ago, grew into a
stout unit, was most puffy-chested about it and then one day one of the

canes
turned *brown and the next day three more and just like that it was dead.
I've always planned on getting another. And the flowers are killer, that's
the kicker.

I'll check that out. I know I saw it in the gloom of the UK summer but
don't remember being in love. How tall? Gotta be big or it will get
weed whacked.

easy 5 feet, though at the time it suddenly croaked it was till heading up
and out. I am not kidding you though, it's a beautiful bush.

I came away with the big four HT's with perfect foliage and nice
looking plants: Rosemary Harkness, Painted Moon,

I didn't have Painted Moon long enough to erase it from the map. I liked the
name, didn't know the first thing about it, had never even heard of it. But
how much do you need to know about a rose named Painted Moon?
Speaking of names, I think I got more jazzed about losing Moviestar than
any rose in memory, and I'm telling you, that includes some heavyweights.
Strange, the attachments. And don't aks me the color of Moviestar, it's a
mystery.

My Joy and Eden. I
have RH, PM and Eden own root, and Eden is the one that is growing like
corn. Painted Moon is doing okay, and Rosemary Harkness was such a weak
little 2 inch tall nothing that the nursery gave it to me. Hasn't died
yet and will probably make it. I don't think I'll ever find My Joy,
another Norman rose. The Lady was pretty, a bit insipid, but perfect
foliage, only the size of florries at that point and thus likely
victims of neglect here until they learn how to grab some attention.

I know this is exactly how it works out here. Like I don't even remember
exactly where I planted Painted Moon. Actually I'm just assuming it's dead,
I'm not really positive. When I cleaned out the raz patch this winter, I found
two minis, Sweet Chariot and another, and neither has a very good excuse for
being alive.
You grow Rosemary, I grow Ena Harkness, which reminds me of a rose, a long
journey, and a rocky crag. Astonishing beauty in unlikely places and in small
doses, it's right up my alley--a two-caned wonder since day one a dozen years
ago, this one has the good fortune of being camouflaged until bloom time by the
forsythia and the pussy willow. I don't go looking for that brilliant shining,
it just happens. 1946.

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eberndoo...s/FrameSet.htm

Hard to believe they don't mulch. And what they did mulch was some dyed
chit that was sort of ghastly orangish brown.

Okay, work with me here. See if you can check out this foliage in the
pictu

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...s/Eden1949.jpg

I know, I know, it's 1950. Eden's a Peace baby by Kordes but the
foliage has nothing, zippo, zero, in common with Peace. The bloom I'm
looking at, fully open, is a good 7 incher a week old. A keeper.

choice.
when I was watching the pic unfold the first thing I thought about the
green leaves was Peace, I swear. I hadn't read the next lines.
Deep green, leathery, that's what your leaves look like--and what Peace is
famous for, actually. I don't see the lush foliage on the Climbers
that I see/used to see on the HT at the southeast corner of the house-- I could
always tell that one was positively as happy as a rose could be.
I still prefer having the enclosed porch though.