Old 23-05-2003, 07:08 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default water hawthorn and water hyssop - urgent advice pls!

Water hawthorn appears to self seed - it is all over our pond in stones,
pots, the mud at the bottom, everywhere.
We have to weed the pond to keep it under control.
Fortunately it seems to flower early (February sometimes) and to be mainly
over when the water lillies get into gear, so they don't compete too much.

"Mark" wrote in message

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.209...
Lynda Thornton wrote in news:CIuhEiAGRTz+EwJ3
@btinternet.com:

I am sure your water hawthorn will adapt though. I failed to follow

Kay's
cunning advice with mine and just dumped it ruthlessly into deepish

water -
in a couple of days the stems had stretched up to the surface anyway and
this year it has had a lot of spidery little baby hawthorns.

Does it self seed as I have lots of spidery things growing in the pond ?

Mark