Old 23-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Anita Bath

Default A truly black rose!

I got this tidbit from my husband's cousin Phil who is a contract grower
for Jackson & Perkins out in Oregon.

Sometime around July 4th J&P is set to announce the first rose bush with
truly black flowers. It has been in the works for years and is ready to
be released to the public for the 2004 growing season. It is apparently
a three way cross between an Old English, a hybrid tea and a floribunda.
Not only does it have truly black petals, but also has a strong
pleasing fragrance, similar to Tropicana, and is said to be almost
completely resistant to Black Spot. Rumor has it that it's name will be
"Hillary Clinton," in honor of the former first lady.

I can't wait for this one!