Old 24-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Frogs & Toads

I remember a thread a few years ago here, when I mentioned that I could not
tell frogs & toads apart -- a problem that was quickly resolved when I
finally saw a frog in my teeny water garden! (Because all the other
critters were toads of various sizes.)

I was wondering if someone could tell me -- in 50 words or less! -- what
species of frog & toad we have here in the Triangle area?

I *think* the toads have all been the same species. There are apparently at
least 2 species of frog around my house: the "water garden" frog and the
"hurricane frog" (maybe a green tree frog or some such?), known to me as a
"hurricane frog" because during Hurricane Dennis or Floyd, said frog
appeared halfway up a wall *10 feet* from the nearest door!

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh