Old 25-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Daniel Hanna

Default Fragrance of Gold Medal

In 235b089a34e651633f9df49dc5079ecb@TeraNews Shiva wrote:
Although the center could be higher, the form is still very nice.
There is the faintest blush on the oustide of the petals and the
edges. It is a great cutting rose and a fair garden rose for those who
want great fragrance and good vigor in a yellow modern rose.

I agree Shiva. There hasn't been a good new pure yellow HT in decades.
I gave up after trying Gina Lollobrigida and Midas Touch. Nowadays I
settle for Elina (a nice creamy yellow bordering on white) and Dame
Elisabeth Murdoch (yellow edged with melon pink).

I wouldn't call Gold Medal pure yellow, since the edges can be tinged
with bronze in a warm climate. Either way it's a beautiful rose and the
fragrance is OK.

One of these years I'll try St Patrick (if it has fragrance) and
Valencia.