Old 25-05-2003, 07:56 AM
Jerry Hoffmeister

Default identification assistance

I believe the rules are that they will try to return them to the country of
origin and if they are refused, any plants propagated from the originals can
be sold. Check out the Paph vietnamense info on Antec Labs site. I don't
believe they can sell or give away the confiscated plants. Also, Tennis
doesn't say that he somehow acquired the plants...

And www.orchidcourt.com doesn't resolve in DNS for me

"profpam" wrote in message ...
Tennis,

The Max resembles a Max variabilis more than a tenuifolia (coconut
orchid). I don't know about the aerides as that seems small for this
species in as far as leaf span goes (for a while I was collecting
these).

I just can't restrain from commenting on "Two were cites seizures
(species? vanda and aerides)at the local
conservatory . . . " I just can't believe the Feds can confiscate
orchids then have a sale or give them away (Yes, I might have bought
them too if they were available at my local conservatory -- not a
commentary on you, Tennis). If such is illegally brought into the
country, perhaps the goods should be confiscated and returned to the
country of origin or destroyed. If such is illegal, why is it not
illegal for all? Perhaps, I just don't understand the ways of the world.

. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

tennis wrote:

Here we go again. I have posted pics of three plants needing ID'd on my
page. Two were cites seizures (species? vanda and aerides)at the local
conservatory and the third is a friend's maxillaria which is obviously
mislabelled. Any tips in IDs for these would be appreciated.

http://www.orchidcourt.com/whoami.html

Tennis