Old 25-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Michael Gerzog

Default Caffeine for slugs and snail control

John Whistler wrote in message ...

Has anyone been trying the caffeine solution? How would I make a 1% solution
from 200 mg tablets?
Thanks,
John Whistler

I've never tried it, but to make a 1% solution (assuming they mean by
weight which they probably do), dissolve, if you can, 50 tablets in 1
liter minus 2 tsps of water. (1 ml = 1 g of water, 1 tsp ~ 5 ml) This
is a rough approximation since I'm sure a No Doz tablet weighs more
than 200 mg which makes it hard to know how much water to use to get
even close to exactly 1% caffeine in the final solution.

I have no idea what else might be in No Doz and/or what effect it
might have on plants....

MG