Old 01-03-2003, 11:15 AM
LeighMo

Default Green Hair Algae

Is there any reason why none of my otos or amano shrimp seem to be
interested in eating this hair algae. They clean the driftwood and
rocks just fine, but seem to leave the plants to fend for themselves.

Otos eat "flat" algae more than filamentous (hair) algae. Their sucker mouths
are meant for scraping slime off rocks and such.

Amano shrimp do eat filamentous algae. But I've found snails are the best for
eating algae off plants. Basically, any snail that doesn't eat plants: pond
snails, MTS, P. bridgesii, the little ramshorns, etc.

Leigh