Old 25-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Donovan Niewoehner

Default Substrate Experences

I'm setting up a 30 gallon planted tank and have been unable to find a
local supply of Flourite, after doing some internet searches I've found that
profile is a good (and inexpensive) alternative, has anybody here had
personal experence with this product? I was just wondering if it had any
negative properties I should be aware of (light weight, ugly color, ect). I
would probably buy a 20lb bag of it and mix the rest with standard aquarium
gravel. I plan on growing pretty standard easy to care for plants, (swords,
java moss/fern, apon. lillies, crypts and anublias)
If anybody has any suggestions for other alternative substrates, feel
free to share your experence.
Also, I'm going to be using a HOT power filter, should I invest in a
device to circulate water around the tank (I think it's called a powerhead)?

thanks for any input
--donovan

--
As Nietsche famously said, "If you stare too long into the Abyss, 1d4
Tanar'ri of random type will attack you."