Old 02-03-2003, 01:13 AM
Bob Alston

Default How do you guys measure Stuff?

For me the really tough stuff is figuring out small weights. For example,
how much is 20 grams? I needed that recently to mix up some chlorine
remover. I don't have an electronic scale or any scale for that matter. I
took a chance and asked to use the post office's scale - after I mailed a
package. I pulled out my zip lock bag of small clear crystals (sodium
thiosulfate) and told them why. They were very cordial and didn't even give
me a funny look.

But once you know, and can convert into a volume measure (for me, 2 slightly
rounded teaspoons of sodium thiosulfate is 20 grams - put with water to make
500 ml gives a solution that will remove chlorine at 1 drop of my solution
per gallon).

Bob
"Aqua" wrote in message
* How do you MEASURE dosage of fertilizer elements for your tanks?
Chuck's site http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_p...osage_calc.htm

gives
information about calculating elements. But if you consider dry measure
equivalent and the weight (mass) of 1 tablespoon of KNO3 is not equal to 1
tablespoon of K2SO4. [or 1 LB of K2SO4 is not going to be 16 oz of K2SO4]

* How do you dose KNO3 or other elements? You just drop one teaspoon of

KNO3
powder in your tank or mix it with water and pour it in?

* Or how do you measure 10 grams of KNO3? Do you all have scales to

measure
such a small quantity?
--
Thank You