Old 25-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Peter Ross

Default Need Advice on Cobblestones

If anyone has some experience with cement and cobblestones I'd be
obliged for their thoughts. I want to make part of my garden straight
cobblestones but don't have the knes or energy to lay a concrete or
cement foundation. Neither do I have the money to afford to have it
delivered premixed. What I am wondering is if I lay the stones (between
2 to 4 inches diameter) on the soil and then pour dry cement over them
and brush it between the crevices, will it harden enough to hold the
stones in place if I simply spray water over the area? Has anyone tried
anything like this or have an alternate way to ensure that the stones
are held in place? One person at a garden center suggested using bags
of lime but I couldn't quite understand how the lime would adhere to the
stones or harden enough to hold them.
Any advice welcome.
Thanks
Peter