Old 02-03-2003, 05:35 PM
Frank Mamone

Default Fertilizer Question

I just added a second strip. It's up to ~ 2WPG.

The CO2 doesn't seem to affect the PH too much. maybe .1 or .2 in the
morning. I have two Aquaclear filers a 200 and a Mini in this 25G tank. I
put the mini in cause it was cycled from an10G tank. I tried putting both on
low to reduce surface agitation but it didn't help much. The CO2 is
releasing about 10 bubbles per second.

I'm using the canister which came with the Hagen Plant-Grow system. I wonder
if I use a DIY soda bottle if I can increase the amount of Co2 injected.

I received my TMG but have not started using yet. I want to get the proper
amount of CO2 in there first so I can tell what made the difference.

The plants are doing OK, but there's a couple that have brown leaves. Maybe
it's normal until the plants settle in?

"Jody" wrote in message
news
Light and CO2 are the most important things to start with. I see you are
adding CO2. Do you have enough light?

Jody

"Frank Mamone" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks Jody....It's comforting to know that people have been successful

with
regula gravel.

Thanks!

"Jody" wrote in message
.. .
1) Is there ONE supplement which I can use which includes most of

what
the
plants needs?

Dave has already mentioned TMG (Tropica Master Grow) as a good source

for
trace elements. You will need a potassium supplement as well. I

found
potassium chloride (KCl), or muriate of potash, at Home Depot.

2) Also, I am kind of mad at myself for not researching enough on

the
gravel. From what I read I should have used Flourite. I'm thinking

of
replacing the gravel with it it, or at least mixing some in.

Gravel will work fine for almost all plants. Smaller is better. I

was
able
to get this using plain gravel (and fish mulm)
http://personal.bna.bellsouth.net/j/d/jdjohn/recent.htm
Here's another example from a different Dave
http://www.okcomputerworks.com/aquarium.html

Jody