Old 26-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Jeffrey J. Potoff

Default Fragrance of Gold Medal

Shiva wrote:
On Sun, 25 May 2003 03:37:16 GMT, "Jeffrey J. Potoff"
wrote:

You forgot "fades terribly when left on the bush." I dug mine up and
gave it away this spring because I didn't want a cream colored rose
after two days.

You know what, Jeffrey? Mine never turn any shade of "cream" at all.
They stay yellow until they shatter or I deadhead. Granted, I cut
fully half the blooms this rose produces for the table--mine or
others.

I don't cut many. If I bring them inside, they hold their color. Leave
them on the bush and the fade away. Since I grow roses for how they
look outside, on the bush, Gold Medal is not a useful plant for me.

Do you require of your roses a static color for a certain number of
days?

I require that they look decent for a certain number of days and two
isn't it. Fading or changing to another decent color combination is
fine (as most of my roses do), but fading to something that looks like
crap isn't.

J.