Old 26-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Shiva

Default Fragrance of Gold Medal

On Sun, 25 May 2003 23:10:10 GMT, "Jeffrey J. Potoff"
wrote:

I don't cut many. If I bring them inside, they hold their color. Leave
them on the bush and the fade away.

Well there's the difference, then. Perhaps we can agree that Gold
Medal makes a wonderful cutting rose, if not the best garden rose in
all areas. By the way, where are you?

I require that they look decent for a certain number of days and two
isn't it. Fading or changing to another decent color combination is
fine (as most of my roses do), but fading to something that looks like
crap isn't.

Ahh. "Something that looks like crap." Herein lies the purely
subjective element. Some people love cream colored roses, albeit not
usually on plants that begin with yellow blooms. I think the color is
why I cannot stand Peace. Or is it the constant split centers, the
stuffed-in look of the petals, the tight quilling, the complete lack
of scent. It's hard to tell.

J.