Old 28-05-2003, 01:20 AM
Scopata Fuori

Default Botrytis, Mancozeb

Two smart, surgical strike rosarians recommended Decree. It was hugely
and almost immediately effective. So if Mancozeb lets you down, there's
another for your arsenal.

Decree? I've never heard of that one. Does Rosemania sell it, and is it
systemic?

I've been using Mancozeb to ward off blackspot, adding it to every spray, in
case the spores decide to use my spray to launch their evil attack.

Here's the quote from Rosemania, regarding killing active spores. I've seen
the cite for Mancozeb vs. spores elsewhere, but this is the first one that
comes to mind:

"If blackspot is already active in your garden, a preventative is going to
do little good. You need a contact killer. Spray Manzate or Mancozeb every
three days for three intervals. Example: Spray on Monday, Thursday and
Sunday. Be sure to spray the top and bottom side of the leaves and the soil
in the bed. This will kill all the active spores and give you a fresh start.
Once completed, go back to your regular preventative program."

So this is pretty much what I have been doing. I add Mancozeb (the liquid
form of Manzate) to whatever the spray du jour is, to give a shot of
whoop-ass to any lurking spores.

Evidently it's not ideal for botrytis, but so far, blackspot has been held
at bay for the most part.

Scopata Fuori