Old 28-05-2003, 04:44 AM
animaux

Default How big should my tomatoe plants be ? (by now)

Seeds should be started 6-8 weeks prior to last average frost date. Here in
Texas where I live, our last frost date it March 15. Up north in your zone it
may be as late as May 30. Here, the tomatoes are almost ripe and ready to eat
and we are already starting seeds for our fall crop. I think you tomatoes are
pretty small. Did you put the grow light bulbs about two inches from the plant?
If not, they didn't get enough light.

On Tue, 27 May 2003 19:55:55 GMT, "James Bass" wrote:

Hello,

I planted some tomatoes (San Marzano, Large Cherry & Roma) (Zone 5-6) on
4/15 and want to get them in the ground very soon (as soon as it stops
raining). My question is now that my plants are a full 6 weeks old, how big
should they be ? They are all relatively the same size (give or take), they
average about 3in. I make sure they get plenty of light (grow light when
they can't go outside for the day) & I give them a weak solution of
Neptune's Harvest every so often. Should they be bigger or are they right on
track ?

-many thanks
James