Old 28-05-2003, 06:44 AM
Lil

Default sweet--not scotch broom--to plant or not to plant?

It's planted in the open, and the area around the plant is covered
with gravel above weedmat. I can't imagine the seeds will germinate
and grow on gravel....

What I was really worried about is the seed pods exploding and
releasing lots of seeds in the air since our yard is at the corner and
it's pretty windy where we live...

Lil

"Stephen M. Henning" wrote in message ...
(Lil) wrote:

I just went out and checked the tag on the broom. It turns out that
it's cytisus spachianus. Is this plant invasive or can I leave it in
the ground?

Do not plant where it would be difficult to remove seedlings.