Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
Sherry Michael Weller

Default Bio-spira seems to be working fine

Keep measuring. In my experience a couple days isn't long enough to see
much yet. I would have waited a month to add more than a few fish and
the shrimp.

The best starter is filter media from an aged tank. I never see more
than minute readings doing this. Of course, it's easy when you have an
aged tank around!

Good luck!

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote:

I just started a new 20 gallon tank and used Bio-spira to seed with
bacteria. I setup the tank Saturday and added fish (5 inches worth) and
Bio-spira on Sunday. On Monday I added another 6 inches worth of fish plus
a few MTS and ghost shrimp. My ammonia indicator hasn't shown a trace of
ammonia yet! The tank also has a few plants, but these are brand new, so I
don't think they're growing enough to consume all the waste.

Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv