Old 29-05-2003, 05:56 AM
WD

Default Onyx Sand Cloudiness

"David Wee" wrote in message

So i got new Onyx sand, cleaned the tank out 100%, and put everythign back
in, now there was this cloudiness to worry about caused by the sand. In a
fit of fright, i went to the LFS and got Kordon's "TransClear".

From what I've read, that product works by reducing the turbidity of the
water, though I'd really like to know how it does this. The sand
particulates probably won't come back up when the chem dissipates, unlike
algae blooms and such. People use this product for those, then they just
return 3 days later. I have also read that many people believe Transclear
will adversely affect the cycling process.

billy